VA Central Ohio Healthcare System
Psychology Doctoral Internship
The Psychology Internship at the Columbus VA offers training in health service psychology with a focus on intraprofessional team care. Interns participate in experiential and didactic learning experiences, training across settings within a medical center. Rotations are offered within the Behavioral Health and Medical clinics. The psychology internship follows a practitioner-scholar model.
The aim of the internship is to provide training that prepares interns for entry-level service in health service psychology. It is expected that each intern will reach a minimum standard of acceptable performance by the completion of internship for a new doctoral level clinician in the following areas:
• Consultation and interprofessional/interdisciplinary skills.
• Ethical and legal standards.
• Professional values, attitudes and behaviors.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Individual and cultural diversity.
• Integration of Science into Practice (Research).
Please review the Internship Brochure for full program explanation and requirements.
APPIC Match Number
November 13, 2020
**Applicants must be in compliance with the Eligibility Requirements for all VA Training **
To Request further information, please contact: