VA Central Ohio Healthcare System
Veterans Transportation Service
The mission of the Veterans Transportation Service (VTS) is to improve the quality of life for Veterans by increasing access to health care through integrated and cost effective transportation solutions.
The VTS program is active at the Columbus VAMC and is intended to assist Veterans (both inpatients and outpatients) with transportation needs to appointments.
- Door-to-door rides in wheelchair-accessible vans for eligible veterans contact 614-388-7676
- Stretcher Transportation for eligible veterans contact 614-388-7676
- Shuttle service for Veterans able to walk is available as needed from Columbus VA to Dayton, Chillicothe and Cincinnati VAMC contact 614-388-7200
VA travel pay reimbursement through the Beneficiary Travel programs may pay Veterans back for mileage and other travel expenses to and from approved health care appointments. Find out if you’re eligible and how to request reimbursement.
The VTS program provides transportation from your location to your VA medical appointment and back to your location free of charge.
- Wheelchair or stretcher transportation call 614-388-7676
- Veterans able to walk, Shuttle service from Columbus VA to Dayton, Chillicothe and Cincinnati VA call 614-388-7200
The following guidelines are provided for Veterans taking advantage of this service. Riding the shuttle is dependent upon space:
- You MUST have a scheduled appointment at the Columbus VA Medical Center or Newark Community Based Outpatient Clinic(CBOC), Grove City CBOC, Marion CBOC, Zanesville CBOC.
- Canteen Service is available for you to purchase meals and/or snacks.
- NO alcoholic beverages are allowed on the shuttle.
- If you are intoxicated or uncooperative you will not be permitted to ride.
To schedule a ride please call the Transportation Coordinators at 614-388-7676, You may leave a message. Please include your name, last 4 of your Social Security number, place and time of appointment and a call back number. You will be contacted within 48 hours except on weekends and holidays.
- You MUST notify/contact us if your appointment is cancelled, rescheduled or you make other transportation arrangements.
- You MUST notify/contact VTS Office a minimal of 48 hours to arrange Special Mode transportation.
If you use a motorized scooter or an amigo, please make us aware of this when you call
Contact our VTS dispatch line at 614-388-7676
420 N James Rd
Hours of Operation
- 8 am - 4:30 pm