VA Central Ohio Healthcare System
We offer comprehensive primary and gender-specific health care for the female Veteran in a sensitive and safe environment provided by proficient and interested primary care clinicians. Our emphasis is on health promotion and women’s wellness. We offer health screening, education and treatment for eligible women Veterans. We are a full-time clinic, currently staffed with two female physicians, both primary care practitioners with additional expertise and experience in women’s health. In addition, we have a Women Veterans Program Manager, RNs, an LPN, a health tech and medical support assistants. Our clinic is housed in a separate, exclusive clinical area within the larger facility to provide a safe environment for gender-specific patient care.
- Management of chronic disease (diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid disorders, COPD, and CVD)
- Management of acute illness
- Preventive services – age-appropriate cancer screenings (clinical breast exams, mammograms, cervical cancer screening, and colorectal cancer screening)
- Primary care (vaccines, bone density testing, nutrition counseling, and weight management)
- Management of gender-specific issues - family planning and contraceptive counseling including availability of IUDs and diaphragms, preconception counseling, pharmacologic issues related to pregnancy and lactation, sexually transmitted infection (STI) treatment, vaginal infections, treatment of menopausal symptoms, abnormal vaginal bleeding, pelvic and abdominal pain, initial infertility work-up, PCOS, urinary incontinence/pelvic floor disorders, including pessary fitting.
- Osteoporosis treatment and management
- Mental health services – military sexual trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse.
We refer patients to community based OB/GYN specialists, on as needed basis, for outpatient and inpatient surgical procedures such as colposcopy, LEEP, D&C, hysterectomy, sterilization procedures, and incontinence procedures.
For more information, please call Stephanie Blades LISW-S, CCM at 614-257-5562
420 North James Road
Columbus, OH 43219
Hours of Operation
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday