VA Central Ohio Healthcare System
We offer comprehensive primary and gender-specific health care for the female Veteran in a sensitive and safe environment provided by proficient and interested primary care clinicians. Our emphasis is on health promotion and women’s wellness. We offer health screening, education and treatment for eligible women Veterans. We are a full-time clinic, currently staffed with two female physicians, both primary care practitioners with additional expertise and experience in women’s health. In addition, we have a Women Veterans Program Manager, RNs, an LPN, a health tech and medical support assistants. Our clinic is housed in a separate, exclusive clinical area within the larger facility to provide a safe environment for gender-specific patient care.
- Management of chronic disease (diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid disorders, COPfD, and CVD)
- Management of acute illness
- Preventive services – age-appropriate cancer screenings (clinical breast exams, mammograms, cervical cancer screening, and colorectal cancer screening)
- Primary care (vaccines, bone density testing, nutrition counseling, and weight management)
- Management of gender-specific issues - family planning and contraceptive counseling including availability of IUDs and diaphragms, preconception counseling, pharmacologic issues related to pregnancy and lactation, sexually transmitted infection (STI) treatment, vaginal infections, treatment of menopausal symptoms, abnormal vaginal bleeding, pelvic and abdominal pain, initial infertility work-up, PCOS, urinary incontinence/pelvic floor disorders, including pessary fitting.
- Osteoporosis treatment and management.
- Mental health services – military sexual trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse.
We refer patients to community based OB/GYN specialists, on as needed basis, for outpatient and inpatient surgical procedures such as colposcopy, LEEP, D&C, hysterectomy, sterilization procedures, and incontinence procedures.
For more information, please call Stephanie Blades, LISW-S, CCM at 614-257-5562.
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.